Monday, February 9, 2009

Our Busy January... Dedicated to Joline...

Ciao Friends and Family! A lot has happened since my last post. On January 20th Jason and I became the proud owners of a mortgage payment... oh and house! We got the keys on the 21st and had a busy 22nd...delivery of new fridge, washer & dryer, carpet cleaners and deep cleaning maid service. In the first week we started to learn all the fun "surprise" things about owning a home. Like "how does this work? who do we call? What does this do? Oops, I think I broke it..."
So, now we have a big, beautiful home...and no furniture. We are still waiting on our shipment of household goods. Hopefully they will be here within the next 2 weeks. The base provides a "loan locker" so we have the basics..some kitchen stuff, an air matress, etc. And we have our laptops, bought a TV and we have cable, so we are surviving. My "nesting" is starting to kick in though so hopefully we will have stuff soon!!!!

Our New Home


Our adorable Real Estate Agent, Heather greeted us with balloons and a sign when we met her for the keys


Jason taking down the "For Sale"Sign!


The dining room window is just the right height for Samson to scope out the backyard through the window.


We are also awaiting the arrival of my truck in California, which will give us an opportunity to visit family and friends in Gilroy & Santa Cruz for a few short days at the end of the month.

In the mean time, my belly is growing! I'm now 25 weeks along. Daniel enjoys kicking me and doing random tumbling anytime between 12 and 7 am. He is looking 95% perfect on our ultrasounds. The doctors have found a small spot in the back of his brain (very back of the skull). they have offered a few "maybe it's this" statements, but in all honesty, they can't tell. We are scheduled for a fetal MRI on Feb 17th so please be in prayer that whatever it is is minor or nothing at all.

Our camera is dying, so pics are blurry. but you get the idea!


24 weeks and growing!

Jason is back to work after some time off settling in. Since he started officially "working" he has worked swing shift, days, 12 hour shifts, a weekend and through an exercise... in 2 weeks he'll take over the day shift as shift supervisor. He has been working hard, making a good impression and I am very proud of him! He has also been studying his boot off as he will be testing for Master Sergeant soon.

As for me, I'm spending a lot of time reading, trying to put the house together where I can and taking care of me and baby. I went to the overwhelming "babies"r"us" store this weekend and started out registry for Daniel... it's amazing all the stuff something so small needs to start life.

Barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen! The dream is complete!

Well, I guess that's all for now. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying warmer weather than we are. It's not horrible, but I can't wait for spring so I can start my garden!
Really cold morning after some rain...


Ciao Ciao!!!

4 comments:

The Garner said...

SO SO CUTE, oh i cant wait to feel good again. i will be 15 weeks on the 11th:) Best wishes for the rest of it, Its coming quick!!

Anna said...

awesome!! a BIG congrats to you both - house -baby on the way - new town - new church - my my.... lot's going on - I'll definitely be praying for the safety of baby and adjusting to new town living.... I know how that goes...... fun blog :) xoxo anna (martinez) tremblay

babymakerhb said...

Congrats! Your house is beautiful and you both deserve it! You look adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for pictures! Thanks! You look great and the house is beautiful. Whatever you break, the guys at home depot will know how to help... trust me. I can't wait to come out and visit.